- Nevada’s nursing home ranking surged to #26 overall, up from #43, making it 2014’s biggest mover.
- Nevada showed improvement in five of eight quality measures.
- Nevada’s direct care staffing hours increased an extra 10 minutes per resident every day.
- Despite the improvement, 1 in 5 Nevada nursing homes were cited a severe deficiency and nearly every nursing home was cited one or more deficiencies.
- Nevada’s ombudsmen verified the third fewest number of registered complaints even though the state continued to have a mediocre track record.
- Nevada is still rated the worst nursing home state in the Pacific region, scoring the region’s worst grades in 4 of 8 quality measures.
- Editorial: We’re Number 1 in Horrible Indicators (9/5/2013)
- Nursing Homes Caregiver Talks About Staffing Shortages (8/21/2013)
- Non-Profit Questions of Nevada Ombudsman for Nursing Home Residents (8/20/2013)
- Nevada Nursing Homes Receive Poor Rating (8/17/2013)
- Editorial: Nursing Homes Report Shows Need for Better Care, Vigilance (8/15/2013)
- Nursing Home Volunteer Speaks Out About Alleged Violations (8/14/2013)
- Report Ranks NV Nursing Homes Among Nation’s Worst (8/14/2013)
- Report Ranks Nevada Near Bottom in Nursing Home Care (8/13/2013)
- Report: Every Nursing Home in Nevada Cited by Inspectors (8/13/2013)
|Direct Care Staffing Above Average||70.59%||D||32||31||D||60.00%|
|Direct Care Staffing Hours per Resident||2.31||F||41||50||F||2.14|
|Facilities With Deficiencies||96.08%||F||41||51||F||100.00%|
|Facilities With Severe Deficiencies||19.61%||C||30||46||F||35.29%|
|Health Inspections Above Average||41.18%||D||35||51||F||23.53%|
|Professional Nurse Staffing Above Average||76.47%||B||19||18||B||71.11%|
|Professional Nursing Hours per Resident||1.94||A||5||24||C||0.83|
|Verified Ombudsman Complaints||40.02%||A||3||2||A||38.17%|