- North Dakota secured a superior nursing home ranking for the second consecutive year, ranking #10 overall.
- A strong showing in each direct care staffing hours, coupled with an above average ombudsman grade, cemented North Dakota as one of America’s top nursing home states.
- 98 percent of North Dakota’s nursing homes scored an above average direct care staff rating—the second best percentage nationally.
- New Dakota’s nursing home record was tarnished by a relatively high number of severe deficiencies-regulators cited 1 in 5 facilities with an immediate jeopardy or actual harm violation.
- North Dakota pushed it regional nursing home ranking higher, up one spot this year to #2 overall in the Rocky Mountain region.
|Direct Care Staffing Above Average||98.75%||A||2||3||A||87.80%|
|Direct Care Staffing Hours per Resident||2.92||A||5||4||A||2.86|
|Facilities With Deficiencies||95.00%||D||38||48||F||97.59%|
|Facilities With Severe Deficiencies||21.25%||D||33||32||D||22.89%|
|Health Inspections Above Average||42.50%||C||23||27||C||34.15%|
|Professional Nurse Staffing Above Average||93.75%||A||4||12||B||81.71%|
|Professional Nursing Hours per Resident||1.50||D||40||12||B||0.94|
|Verified Ombudsman Complaints||68.81%||B||16||16||B||71.00%|