|% Facilities With Deficiencies||94.33%||D||36|
|% Facilities With Severe Deficiencies||16.42%||C||23|
|Direct Care Staffing Above Average||19.68%||F||51|
|Direct Care Staffing Hours||2.24||F||44|
|Health Inspections Above Average||32.26%||F||44|
|RN Staffing Above Average||10.86%||F||49|
|Verified Ombudsman Complaints||92.19%||F||44|
- Texas is America’s worst nursing home state.
- Texas is the only state that scored failing grades in 6 of 8 statistical measures.
- When compared to every other state, Texas has the fewest percentage of nursing homes with above average direct care staff rating.
- Texas ombudsmen verified nearly every registered complaint.
- Texas nursing home care ranks at the bottom in the dreadful Southwest Region.