|% Facilities With Deficiencies||97.14%||F||46|
|% Facilities With Severe Deficiencies||16.07%||C||21|
|Direct Care Staffing Above Average||22.91%||F||50|
|Direct Care Staffing Hours||2.21||F||46|
|Health Inspections Above Average||35.13%||B||15|
|RN Staffing Above Average||8.00%||F||51|
|Verified Ombudsman Complaints||80.12%||C||30|
- Louisiana’s nursing home care is the second worst in the nation, failing every staffing measure.
- Louisiana’s nursing home residents receive a paltry 32 minutes of professional nursing care per day.
- Louisiana has the fewest number of facilities with above average registered nurse staffing.
- Louisiana’s failing nursing home care ranks third out of four states in the Southwest Region, scoring the region’s worst grades in direct care staffing, registered nurse staffing, and percentage of facilities with deficiencies.
- KSLA News 12 Editorial: Nursing Home Alert (9/12/2013)
- We Don’t Care for Our Elderly (8/16/2013)
- Louisiana Nursing Homes are Second Worst in Nation, Report Says (8/15/2013)
- Louisiana’s Nursing Home Care Ranks Second Worst in Nation (8/15/2013)
- La. Nursing Homes Ranked Second-Worst Among State (8/15/2013)
- Report: Louisiana Nursing Homes Rank Second Worst in U.S. (8/15/2013)